Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Great News for the Robinsons

So Amy went in for an appointment today to check on the baby and make sure everything is going as planned. Well, she is only about 14 1/2 weeks along and so we really didn't expect the doctor to want to do a sonogram until next month. As luck would have it, the device that she uses to measure the heart rate of babies was dropped this morning and they were virtually giving out free sonograms for all of the pregnant ladies that came in today for their appointments. While I am sitting at home with Ashby I get a text message that says that she is fixing to go into the room for a sonogram. After waiting for a while I get a phone call from Amy saying that she is on the way home. She gets here and hands me some sonogram photos, but there isn't anything on there that says what the sex of the baby is. Then, she hands me a bag. Inside of the are two pictures that have the phrase "It's a boy" on them and a little blue baseball. After celebrating with Amy for a moment and calling our parents to inform them of the great news I sat down and thought for a second. It is amazing how sometimes, when we least expect it, God chooses to present us with great blessings and good news that seems to brighten our day no matter what is going on. With the stress of seminary exams and youth worship Sunday coming up there is nothing that can get me down after receiving the great news that come October 29, 2010 I have be the father of a 21 month old little girl and a newborn baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment