Friday, November 18, 2011

Beauty & Brokenness

Last night around 8:00 pm I got landed in Jackson, MS after spending 4 days and 3 nights in Haiti (Ganthier to be exact). I was invited to go along with a group from First Baptist Church of Jackson to check out the work that is being done over there by a group call But God Ministries (www.butgodministries.com). During my brief time there I saw more poverty and devastation than I could ever imagine. The people of this country work themselves nearly to death each day just to survive. Now, when I use the survive, I don't mean it in the same sense that we think of as surviving here in America. We think we can't survive if we can't buy material extras and take vacations. The people of Haiti commute for hours, work long days in blistering sun, and do it all for the equivalent of $5 per day (and this is a good wage in Haiti). I could type pages upon pages about Haiti, this particular ministry, and the various missionaries and agencies that I encountered during my time there, but you can find much of that information on your own. What I want to ask all of you who come across this blog to do is to pray for these people. Pray that God continues to provide for this group in Haiti and for all Haitians. Pray for But God Ministries as they continue to work towards establishing basic life needs in areas that don't have them. Pray for the Logan family (Thomas, Dainelle, Cameron, and Caden) as they work through Thrist No More to oversee the construction of this missionary village. Pray that God will work in your heart and lead you to an opportunity where you may worry help those who are truly struggling to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment